The Workshop, Norwich

#foodie

The Sampson Sisters had a little reunion this past weekend which basically translates as a food tour of whatever area, city, town we are in... On this occasion the other one came to visit me in Norwich, my current city of choice. It's a beautiful little place - filled with tumbling lanes, river walks, a stunning cathedral (check it out in Harry Potter) and enough independent spots that the sis will have to visit many more times to tick them all off...

Here's the first spot we swung by, closest to my home. A cosy place filled with warm people, board games, and walls of books.
The Workshop. And here's what we got stuck into...


This made me nostalgic for childhood holidays abroad. Peach flavour!




Perfectly served mocha, and the Workshop menu/information booklet.


I think this was my favourite dish - feta fritters. They were perfect in texture and taste, dipped in tzatziki.


Saying that this was delicious too - aubergine stuffed with feta, spice blend, and pilaf. There were some other bits in it too and I guess I'll just have to go back and try it again to remind myself...


A classic served perfectly. Figs, halloumi...There was a light honey and balsamic style dressing on this too which was delicious.

The tapas also came with free Turkish-style flatbread which they make onsite and is available to buy to take home. It was so light and fluffy, served warm.

After having our fill and playing some silly board games in the warm space we headed off for a wander in the lanes and swung by The Bicycle Shop for some tea. Which came in huge pots and pretty mismatched crockery.


[Apologies for the photo quality - iphone!]

But more on this other great spot later...x

2 comments:

Jenna Fifi said...

That all looks scrumptious - and I absolutely love that little menu!
Jenna x
www.jennafifi.co.uk

Unknown said...

pop over to this website her latest blog Learn More go to these guys blog here More hints